June 22, 2020

RE:  2020 Season Update

Hello Bruin families!  I hope this communication finds all of you safe and healthy.  My apologies for not communicating sooner, as I had no “OFFICIAL” updates to provide.  I know there has been a lot of speculation and rumors circulating, but I did not want to provide any miscommunication until we had official details.

The CIF met on June 12th and released official guidelines for returning to physical activity/training (see attached).  Shortly after, the district released their official guidelines (see attached).  And last Saturday, the SYF had a president’s meeting to discuss the season, but there was nothing new to report (see meeting minutes attached).

The CIF will be meeting again sometime in July and will release another update on July 20th as to whether or not Fall sports will continue and what those guidelines will look like if they do.  As I receive updates, I will keep the program posted.  If we do have a season, it will be on very short notice, as July 20th (the date CIF plans to release another update) is a week before the actual season is scheduled to start.  Having said this, if our registration numbers are low, we may have to cancel the season.  Based on our current registrations for football and cheer, we have a great start, but still need more registrants should the season go forward.  Payments are not required when you register at this time, as we understand the situation is very fluid.  If you have already registered and paid, you will receive a full refund if the season is cancelled.  If the season moves forward, payment and COVID-19 release waivers will be required on the first day of the season.  There are many other aspects that will go with deciding whether or not to have a season, but as of right now, we are planning the 2020 season.  I know everyone has questions, but for now the provided dates and documents are the only answers I have.

Stay safe & healthy!

Frank Alvernaz / President

Ponderosa Jr. Bruins

GO BRUINS!

Leave a Comment